Associate of Applied Business
Toledo and Findlay
Credits Required: 69.5
Students are required to complete a professional portfolio as a part of the OAD program. This portfolio should be started in the first OAD course taken and is submitted for assessment prior to graduation.
This major prepares students for the following career categories: Medical Office Assistant Specialist; Medical Receptionist; Medical Office Specialist.
The Medical Office Support program prepares individuals, under the supervision of office managers and other professionals, to perform administrative duties in a medical, clinical, or health care facility/system office environment. Includes instruction in general office skills, data processing, office equipment operations, principles of medical record-keeping and business regulations, medical/clinical office procedures and communication skills.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and perform basic problem-solving and critical thinking skills to solve office-related problems.
- Demonstrate effective hands-on use of computer application software.
- Demonstrate effective research skills and tools related to the job.
- Use effective voice and electronic communication technologies, as well as compose, proofread and edit business documents.
- Demonstrate workplace skills related to the cooperative office experience (may include teamwork skills).
- Demonstrate office administration skills by compiling a professional portfolio.
- Understand and identify medical ethics and law pertinent to the allied health and related professions.
- Understand medical terminology used in the allied health and related professions.
- Demonstrate the understanding of patient data, billing, insurances and collections.