Associate of Applied Business
Toledo and Findlay
Credits Required: 62-64
Internet Services Support, Web services support and Integration, Web Sales and Management, and Internet Support Specialist.
This unique program is designed for both current and future information technology and business professionals who desire to build a successful web business solution or develop and support E-business within their organization. Major areas of focus include developing an understanding of key E-business technologies, assessing technical infrastructure requirements, understanding the impact of evolving legal and regulatory issues, designing and implementing security policies, and acquiring tools for managing customer relationships.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will define a problem, identify possible solutions, and develop and implement a solution.
- Students will demonstrate effective hands-on use of computer application software.
- Students will manage working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Students will demonstrate effective research skills and tools.
- Students will define customer requirements, including development of related data and business process models, training requirements, and ROI (Return on Investment) analysis.
- Students will determine solutions for new and existing systems, including defining and evaluating proven and emerging tools and technologies, systems security specifications, delivery strategies, and systems interfaces.
- Students will implement systems, including guiding and directing projects, ensuring quality of routine systems monitoring, performing readiness reviews, coordinating systems user training, putting systems into service, reviewing and evaluating systems documentation, and developing plans and processes for ongoing systems support.