The Marketing and Sales program is designed to assist students in gaining the necessary knowledge and competencies to succeed in an entry-level sales or marketing position or be promoted to a higher-level management position in the field of marketing and sales. This program focuses on understanding and satisfying consumer needs and highlights the marketing firm’s environment and influence.
Students working towards the Marketing and Sales Technology degree will also earn their Sales Certificate, which could assist students who are job-seeking as they complete their education.
Department of Business Technologies
|Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) through February 15, 2032. For more information concerning accreditation standards contact the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, Kansas, 66213, phone number 913-339-9356, web address www.acbsp.org.
Student Learning Outcomes
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical, legal and social responsibilities of a marketer.
- Design and demonstrate a sales presentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect market information and analyze the results.
- Demonstrate mastery of online, offline, and hybrid / integrated marketing techniques.
Students completing this program are prepared for numerous jobs, including but not limited to:
- 41-1011 First Line Sup/Mgrs. Of Retail Sales Workers
- 41-1012 First Line Sup/Mgrs. Of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- 41-401x Sales Representatives: Wholesale and Manufacturing
- 41-3031 Sales Agents, Financial Services
- 41-3021 Insurance Sales Agents
- 41-2031 Retail Salespersons
This information is available at JobsOhio Network - Northwest Ohio, ohiolmi.com/proj/OhioJobOutlook.htm
Students who wish to transfer to a four-year program in Marketing and Sales should consider the Business Transfer Pathway, AS (Owens Code: BUTP). The associate of science degree program provides the basic curriculum needed for the first two years of a bachelor’s degree in business. This program is transfer-oriented and is ideal for aspiring business students who intend on transferring from Owens Community College to a college or university setting.