This degree prepares students for the following career categories: Office Assistant/Specialist; Administrative Assistant/Specialist, Customer Service Representative, Technical Office Assistant. The Office Administration program provides the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the many creative and demanding tasks in today’s office and provides a professional foundation for success in a business environment. Course content incorporates the latest technology and software programs. Students acquire office and computer skills as they learn business and computer terminology. Students also become familiar with several software programs, learn to format and process documents, learn and apply word processing software commands, and develop English, reading, and critical thinking skills. Students enhance their communications skills and learn the work attitudes essential for successful employment in the area of office support services.
Department of Business Technologies
|Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) through February 15, 2022. For more information concerning accreditation standards contact the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, Kansas, 66213, phone number 913-339-9356, web address www.acbsp.org.
Student Learning Outcomes
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in the use of computer application software.
- Demonstrate effective communication.
- Apply workplace skills related to the field of office administration.
- Employ appropriate customer service skills.
- Identify and perform basic problem solving and critical thinking skills to solve problems.
- Demonstrate effective research skills and tools related to the job.
- Demonstrate keyboarding efficiency and accuracy.
Students are required to complete a professional portfolio as a part of the OAD program. The portfolio starts with one of the first courses (OAD 135 ) and is submitted for assessment in OAD 293 .
Students can find employment in areas including but not limited to:
- 43-6011 Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- 43-6014 Secretaries, Except Legal, Medical and Executive
This information is available at JobsOhio Network - Northwest Ohio, ohiolmi.com/proj/OhioJobOutlook.htm