The CPA Qualifying Credit program provides bachelor’s degree-holding recipients the required coursework to sit for the Ohio CPA exam. There are 150 semester credit hours required to sit for the Ohio CPA examination, from which candidates must earn appropriate credits.
Qualifying Requirements for the Ohio CPA Examination
150 Total Semester Hours, which must include:
- Six credit hours of Accounting Principles and 24 hours of business (if coming from a non-business program).
- 24 credit hours of advanced accounting.
- Additional experience in the field is required. Contact the Accountancy Board of Ohio for further details.
For additional information and requirements regarding the Ohio CPA Examination, please contact the Accountancy Board of Ohio (ABO), 77 South High Street, 18th Floor, Columbus, OH 43215-6128, Telephone: (614) 466-4135, Fax: (614) 466-2628
Department of Business Technologies
Students who complete the CPA Qualifying Credit program can find employment in areas included but not limited to:
- 13-2011 Accountants and Auditors
- 13-2041 Credit Analyst
- 13-2051 Financial Analysts
- 13-2081 Tax Examiners, Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- 13-2082 Tax Preparers
- 13-2099 Financial Specialists, All Other
This information is available at JobsOhio Network - Northwest Ohio, ohiolmi.com/proj/OhioJobOutlook.htm