This major prepares students for careers such as: Office Coordinator, Administrative Coordinator, Executive Assistant and Office Manager. The Administrative Office Coordinator major is designed for students who have previous work experience in the office administration field. The program reflects the growing concern for the human factor and the quality of work life in successfully coordinating and supervising the office. Skills in computer applications, project coordination and supervision, as well as web content and electronic data management, are stressed to prepare the office coordinator for today’s competitive workplace.
Department of Business Technologies
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) through February 15, 2022. For more information concerning accreditation standards contact the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, Kansas, 66213, phone number 913-339-9356, web address www.acbsp.org.
Student Learning Outcomes
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in the use of computer application software.
- Demonstrate effective communication.
- Apply workplace skills related to the field of office administration.
- Employ appropriate customer service skills.
- Utilize the fundamentals of management and supervision through researching a problem and its components.
- Identify and design communications utilizing today’s technologies.
- Implement accounting principles using accounting software.
Students are required to complete a professional portfolio as a part of the OAD program. The portfolio starts with one of the first courses (OAD 135 ) and is submitted for assessment in OAD 293 .
Students can find employment in areas including but not limited to:
- 43-6011 Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- 43-6014 Secretaries, Except Legal, Medical and Executive
- 43-9061 Office Clerks, General
- 43-9021 Data Entry Keyers
- 43-4071 File Clerks
- 43-4171 Receptionists and Information Clerks
- 43-3031 Bookkeeping, Accounting, Auditing Clerks
This information is available at JobsOhio Network - Northwest Ohio, ohiolmi.com/proj/OhioJobOutlook.htm